Workers comp insurance is provided by Salem businesses that hire 13 or more employees. This insurance is designed to cover the costs of injuries when you are injured on the job. However, it is not always so simple to get the benefits after an injury. Many people find the need to pick up the phone and call a workers compensation attorney salem oregon to get help. Should you call an attorney for help? Read below to learn five reasons to make that call.
1. If your insurance claim was denied, you need to call the attorney. There are many reasons that your claim may be denied, but the attorney can get to the bottom of things and help you file an appeal and get the benefits that you deserve.
2. You have a pre-existing medical condition at the time of your injury. This adds an array of complications to the case and makes it more difficult to prove your damages occurred at work.
3. You need permanent disability. If you cannot return to work due to the severity of your injuries, it is a good idea to call an attorney to find out the steps to take in the matter.
4. Do you receive government benefits for another reason? You need to speak to an attorney if you plan to file a workers comp claim because it can affect your benefits and eligibility.
5. Attorneys provide peace of mind and comfort when it is needed the most. You didn’t ask to be injured and shouldn’t pay for someone else’s mistake twice.
Attorneys talk to you at no cost during a consultation that looks closely at the specifics of your case. Take advantage of the consultation and learn what to do when you need worker compensation insurance benefits.